Personal Track Safety (PTS) – Re-Certification (AC)
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who has a current Personal Track Safety (PTS) Sentinel Card that is due to expire and has a requirement to continue working on the Network Rail controlled railway infrastructure.
Delegates must be sponsored by an approved organisation, be registered on the Sentinel Database and have a valid Network Rail approved medical certificate and negative alcohol and drugs screening certificate.
• The Sentinel Scheme
• Personal protective equipment
• Key features of the railway
• Safe practices
• Electrified lines
Delegates successfully completing the course will be awarded a Sentinel Card including PTS (valid for 2 years).
It is the sponsors responsibility to ensure delegates booked onto the course are eligible for the training they are to receive and in line with any relevant medical level or restriction that may apply, in accordance with NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements.
The minimum entry requirements are:
• Aged 18 or over
• Meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements to minimum medical level 4 and Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol).
• Need sufficient command of English language, and of the English language as detailed in Network Rail Company Specification NR/S/CTM/021 (Competence & Training in Track Safety).
• Minimum of 4 Entries on the PTS Logbook endorsed by the COSS & 2 management reviews.
• Must bring Sentinel smart card endorsed with PTS (not in learning support).
• Track Safety Handbook (you will have been provided with this on your PTS Initial course).
• Delegates must have passed the PTS Initial course and met the criteria of competence within 24 months to apply for PTS Recertification course.
30th June 2016
7th July 2016
Price includes registration and exam fees.
Course Cost: £75
Secure your place now- Enrol Now!